- PHD, MA, BA - Dalhousie University
- CFA charter holder
James Lowry is an Adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Philosophy at the Dominican University College. He works primarily in the area of speculative philosophy. Academic specialties are Metaphysics, Ancient Philosophy and German Idealism. His main interest is in continuing the tradition of systematic philosophy as exemplified in the work of Aristotle, Proclus, Kant and Hegel and in reconciling the needs of modernity, as exemplified in the work of Albert Schweitzer, with the perennial necessity of systematic thought. Dr. Lowry has been actively giving university-level courses since 1969. He has given classes in philosophy, literature, history and mythology as well as in the Ancient Greek and German languages. Graduate courses over the years have included many topics. For more information, check out Dr. Lowry’s personal webpage here.
- MENTAPHYSICS – The Life of Spirit as Love
- SPIRIT OF THE AGES – Thinking about Thinking; perennial problematics and their perennial solution (two volumes)
- Psyche and Cosmos
- Metaphysic and Dialectic
- Speculative Philosophy and Practical Life
- Reason and Religion
- The Logical Principles of Proclus’ Στοιχειωσις Θεολογικη as Systematic Ground of the Cosmos
For a full list of publications, check here.